Friday, November 11, 2011

Yoji Yamada's Samurai Trilogy

So, while I was looking for a new movie to watch, I found one with Kimura Takuya in it.  It was a great find after watching "I Come With the Rain" since I was planning on looking up what other films he had done.  After I acquired the film "Love and Honor" I found out it is the third movie of a Samurai Trilogy by director, Yoji Yamada.  Of course I had to look up the first two (thinking Kimura would be in all of them) and I started to watch it.

At first I thought it was going to be one of those usual samurai movies that I can never really get into (sorry, Akira Kurosawa).  But this one was different.  It's set in mid 19th century Japan and tells the story of a low ranking samurai named Seibei Iguchi.  I've watched about an hour of it so far and I think it's great.  It's a light movie with a few parts that make u laugh a little.  I can't wait to watch the rest and eventually the other two.

That being said, "Parade" will have to wait.


No comments: