Saturday, August 29, 2026

JFF THEATER: The Blue Skies at Your Feet (2022) | 君が落とした青空 - Part II

Nice little movie.  I thought about starting to rate the movies/dramas that I watch, like a 1 to 10 thing or a "out of 5 stars" thing but I remembered exactly why I don't do that.  I may have already mentioned this before but I love these Asian dramas and movies and I'm annoyingly easy to please (about a lot of things) so even if a show starts off a little rough but finds its footing and ends nicely, I'm happy.  I would be here giving movies 10/10 all the time and that kind of defeats the purpose of rating movies or shows doesn't it?  Besides, the purpose of this blog is NOT to review, critique and get you to watch them.  I mean, in a way, it kind of is but it's still not the primary purpose here.  I started my Asian drama blog as a place to keep track of the dramas I was watching before there were any sites available specifically or this.  That first blog was dedicated to J-dramas only and then I started to have access to J-movies so I needed a blog for that.  And as I discovered K-dramas, the 2 blogs grew into Asian movies and dramas blogs.

I've been watching J-dramas for a little over 30 years and K-dramas for about almost 15 years.  Not sure when I started watching J-movies; I would estimate maybe 20 years.  I've also watched a couple of Chinese dramas, a Taiwanese one and several Korean movies.  In the 30 years I have been watching, there has been only 1 drama that started off so badly that I considered just dropping it and forgetting I even attempted to watch it.  But I didn't.  I kept watching it and it was surprisingly entertaining and I ended up feeling glad I had stuck with it.  From that experience I started my 3 episode rule which has worked out well for me.

Now, this movie was nice.  It started out good and it went in a direction I wasn't expecting and then i went the way I was expecting!  I guessed the ending wrong but was happy it ended the way it did because it was much better than what I had in mind!










No comments: