Sunday, July 6, 2014

[2007] How to Become Myself ~ Ashita no watashi no tsukurikata

Only reason I picked this movie was because of Narumi Riko.  Loved her in "1 Litre of Tears" as Aya's younger sister which made me watch her in "Ruri no Shima". 

In this movie, Narumi Riko plays the role of Oshima Juri.  I was a bit confused by this movie because when it starts, Juri introduces us to the popular Kanako and the bullied girl whose name escapes me and I cannot find it online.  Juri says she falls in the middle where nobody notices her.

Juri's home life is not happy. Her parents are constantly fighting but she plays the role of a dutiful daughter in the hopes that everything will fix itself.

It was a bit of an odd movie for me.  Perhaps I was tired when I watched it because I truly didn't get it.  I may watch this movie again in case I just happened to miss something.





No comments: